Thursday, October 23, 2008

You make me feel loved

To all my dear friends and sisters and sister-friends, etc.:

Do you know how much you make me feel loved? Going through this experience has brought so many of you out of the woodwork and it never ceases to amaze me how kind, thoughtful, and caring my friends and family are. Dave's sisters gave me a wonderful baby shower in August for family members and so many came to support me and the babies. Then my dear Draper friends Janna, Jen and Julie gave me a shower in September and so many of you showed up to support me that it was overwhelming! Not to mention that my little girls will have girly clothing and blankets when they are born--as well as a great start on the diaper collection! I was particularly overcome with gratitude to see the many people who showed up at the shower--people from all different areas of my life in Draper from the 1st Ward to the 6th Ward to Swim Team and the Treehouse to APA moms. Some of you I hadn't even seen in years but you came to celebrate with me anyway! It was a snapshot in time that for a minute I was able to feel like I really matter to others and have had some sort of influence for good in your lives! (Either that or you just really love celebrating babies! Maybe it's a little of both.)
So many of you have called to ask what you can do for us and I know that I have frustrated you by telling you that there's not much for now. I promise that I will let you come do many, varied, tasks once we get these babies home! We'll need all the help we can get. But thank you for offering--it means so much.
On top of that, while I have been on bedrest there have been many of you who have called and stopped by to help me pass the time. (Ali, Sherrelyn, Heather, Andi, Buffy, Brooke, Patti, Janna, Jenny, my little sis Ashley all the way from California, my sis-in-laws Megan and Ashley, Jessica, Staci, Julie, Kristin, Marilee, and if I missed your name I'm so sorry but I love you!) Sometimes you even bring yummy treats! I have had long-lost friends look me up to come for a short visit and that has been so fun. I have even made new friends on the internet who have seen my blog and been interested enough to pursue me. Being in this predicament has shown me who will really be there for me when the going gets rough, and I feel blessed that there are so many of you. I promise to always do my best to be there for you when it's your turn!

3 comments:

LadyCarma said...

Such a sweet blog of returning love. It made me weepy-eyed. Having been on the sick side of life since December 10th, I have been amazed at how much people express their love and support and compliment all the things you did in the past, now that they know you are sick. Perhaps we should have wakes and funeral while people are still alive so we can express our love to them face to face. If nothing else my sickness has taught me, I have lots of friends and a huge support system. Thanks, Julie, for being an inspiration to me.

The Bach 10 said...

Glad to see you felt well enough to post so much today! You are such an amazing woman and I haven't even met you yet! Our prayer are with you and your family!

the Roberson family said...

Having that many friends-- What a tribute to you. So many people love you and it is easy to see why. You are truly blessed!