Saturday, January 17, 2009

Thought of the Day

OK, people. For some reason many of you continue to tell me that I'm so amazing for doing what I do. Here's the deal...yes, I planned a final pregnancy, and yes, that was a HUGE leap of faith that I would be able to endure it, and yes, adding a 5th child to our family would be a big job, but adding triplets wasn't really what I had planned! So here I am now...and I have 7! But it's not like I planned to have 3 babies at once! So while it might be amazing that what I'm doing is humanly possible, I have no doubt that if any of my dear friends were to find themselves in my shoes you would do the exact same thing...your very best to meet all the needs of your family. So maybe it's amazing that we are having this experience, and I am honored that you all believe so deeply in me, and I have to admit that getting through that pregnancy took immense drive, commitment, and determination, and it was so much more challenging that I could even have imagined. But I could never do this without the support and love of my friends and family and all of you who have given us baby clothes and gear, diapers, meals, and your time. Somehow we are getting through this, and while our challenge is unique in its own way, everyone has challenges that require strength, determination, and the willingness to bend and grow. I am overwhelmed at how much faith the Lord has in us, sending us these beautiful girls. But I'm certain that He's got grand things in store for all of us, and we are ALL amazing!

2 comments:

pan x 8 said...

Thanks for the uplift!!

Marrdy said...

I thought of you yesterday in Penneys and wondered if you were still hanging in there. You are amazing. Have been for as long as I have known you.