I began this post while I was still pregnant and never published it, but thought it would make for interesting reading even though I've already delivered.
My favorite questions/comments during this pregnancy:
1. "Were you on fertility?" (You know, when you already have four children, you kind of think that if the next one doesn't come, we have enough.)
2. "You look like you should be on your way to labor and delivery right now!" (This one started at 25 weeks along).
3. "When you get a few months down the road after they are born, you'll probably wish you could put them back in." (Huh? This person has OBVIOUSLY never been pregnant with triplets before)
4. "You are all belly." (This one isn't really offensive, I just get it a lot! And yes, I am.)
5. "Do multiples run in your family?" (They do now! by the way, my great-grandmother had a set of fraternal twins but that's it.)
6. "You've got some nerve walking around so pregnant, making us all nervous!" (This was by a 70-something woman who was with our group when we visited D.C. in July.)
7. by the Ultrasound Techs: "You are the one who makes us all nervous, because you are living proof that triplets really DO happen naturally sometimes!" (Glad I could help.)
8. "Holy cow! Triplets...that's soooooo cool!" (I agree!)
9. "Mom, can we have another sister to go with us?" (this by 6 year old twins)
10. "If I were you, I would jump off of a cliff or something." (good thing you're not me, that would be painful.)
Saturday, January 03, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment