THE WALL...
Okay, I think my usual tone in my blog is on the cheerful or at least thankful side of things because I only post when I've had enough rest and am in a good enough mood to write. But tonight I hit the wall. Dave has had the stomach flu all day today :( and I've been flying solo. While the kids are a significant help, they're not quite the same as a parent or an adult. They still need reminders of what needs to be done, and they get tired of their duty quickly. Haylee helps a ton, but there are THREE babies who have decided recently to be fussy from about 7 p.m. on into the night until about 1 a.m. Last night I got about 6 hours of broken sleep and I will just say that by 10 p.m. tonight I was about to start throwing things. How on Earth I made it through I do not know. By the grace of God, literally. What was He thinking? I know people say that He'll never give us more than we can handle, but really...is he serious? I love all the kids tremendously, but I think they should have brought a nanny with them. I need some help! Because Dave is sick I didn't feel like I could ask anyone to come help for fear of spreading germs. People keep advising me to hire a night nurse and a full-time nanny. Yes, with our extra $50-75 thousand a year that we have floating around. Forgive me for sounding a little cynical, but once we figure in the expense of diapers, a new car (which hasn't appeared yet), formula, RSV shots, and other stuff, there isn't a whole lot left over for a nanny or night-nurse. I hate feeling so negative, but when I'm this exhausted it just comes flowing out.
Sunday, January 04, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





10 comments:
I am sorry. I will be praying that Dave gets better fast, that the babies sleep better tonight, and that you get the rest you need. I promise you, "This too shall pass." Hang in there.
Oh my. I am sorry. It will pass. I know it will. Because although I haven't had baby stress I have had extreme life stress lately where I have thought the EXACT SAME THING! I JUST CAN'T TAKE IT! But, today, I am a little sunnier... I hope it gets better for you too jules.
Oh Julie, I am so sorry. I was feeling sorry for myself (I've had the stomach flu this weekend) until I read your post. I'll be praying you don't get the bug too.
I'm so sorry. But honestly, it is good for me to hear some of the real emotions...I'm nervous enough being pregnant with two. Good luck with everything and we will keep you in our prayers.
Julie! How can I help?? I am calling you tomorrow! Kevin had the flu over Christmas! Not fun... I just love you and think about you often! You and your beautiful family are always in our prayers!
My email is loubusp@hotmail.com
I cold come and help for a day, let me know. I remember just with 2 how tired and exhausted I was let alone 3. I mean it really I would love to come and help so if you would like just email me.
I hate those times (and I won't say days) 'cause sometimes there are many in a day. Let it flow, catch your breath and then you can deal! You are a stud-dette!! ;p
We would love to come help but fear we may pass on something. Especially with Paul working the airlines all week. We are health and I could sneak in and do laundry or something without getting to close to you and the babies?? Let me know!! I am flexible all this week except Thursday at 4pm-10pm Basketball starts! Really I can come and do something???Call me at home 282-9933 and I can head over.
When those really hard times hit me I remember wondering where my Heavenly Father was hiding. Trying to realize that we are not given more than we can handle is sometimes not easy. You hang in there Julie, I have never known anyone as strong as you and who has such a supportive amazing family as you. Someday (when that 50K and nanny shows up) things will be better!
It's not like I could say anything right now that can give you any kind comfort at all...but we live 'through' the feelings, right!!! Today you're still breathing and that's a good thing! Vent, vent, vent...I would be your nanny for much less than that if I were there!!! *smiles*
Post a Comment