Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Human again

Ahhh...to be human again. Just in time Dave's dad came to work the nightshift and for the first time since probably last summer I slept for 8 complete hours without awakening once! I don't think I'm completely caught up yet, but human again for certain. It did get worse before it got better, though, and I definitely reached the "zombie-stage." When the babies started crying for their 5 a.m. feeding the morning after I wrote my last post, I couldn't even awake to get them even though Hannah was lying on the couch right next to me. Fortunately Dave's stomach flu had turned the corner in the night and he felt up to feeding them. Somehow it all works out, right? I so appreciate everyone's supportive feedback. You are all keeping me afloat! And I accept all the offers for help--I'm just not really that organized to set it all up. If you want to help, just call me and sometimes the best thing is to come over and tend the babies so I can either sleep, go workout, or go run errands! I have a huge list of errands that is piling up because taking care of these adorable little babies is so time-consuming. I just get so tired, but I know that one day they will sleep through the night and I will emerge from this fog! In the meantime I am grateful to have friends who are so encouraging. I know it's rough all over and while you all may not have my EXACT struggles, I know you have experienced my emotions. I am grateful for all of you, my beautiful sisters!
By the way, the babies had their 2 month checkup and they are GROWING!
Hannah Jane: 9 lbs. 2 oz., 21 inches
Bella Grace: 8 lbs. 10 oz., 20 1/2 inches
Eden Hope: 7 lbs. 7 oz., 19 1/2 inches
Hooray!

2 comments:

LadyCarma said...

Sleep is so wonderful, isn't it! And so healing. What a great growth report. Little Eden is now about the size of most of my babies at birth. To me it is amazing that all three of them have grown so much in two months. Don't most premature babies take a lot longer to catch up in weight and size?

Hang in there and my prayers continue for you and your family.

Marrdy said...

Sleep really is the cure-all for most things. Glad you got at least 8 hours once. And you're right some day they will sleep through the night. Look how big they have gotten!