Saturday, December 06, 2008

Triplet Q & A and thoughts and stuff

I know so many of you have burning questions that you want answered, so I think I'll start a Triplet Q & A and put a link to it here on my website. That will of course take time, which is quite scarce, but I'm working on it. I also have been advised that if I don't write things down right now that this year will be a blur to me, so I thought I'd add a Triplet Mom thought of the Day link (or thought of the week or month, whichever it may be). In any case, today I have two thoughts:



1. Sometimes when you're a mom of triplets you are too tired to even think of a thought.



2. Sometimes when you're a mom of triplets your husband sees that your sleep deprivation and distress is taking a toll on the whole family (including him) and takes the nightshift so you can get 7 straight hours of sleep (this happened last night). When this happens you have enough energy to think of a Thought of the Day.

3. That thought is this: Sleep is beautiful. And necessary.



I'm on a roll now, so thought #4 for today:

4. I am living a miracle. Each day that they breathe, eat, and live on their own without medical assistance I am reminded that I am blessed beyond measure. Their very existence in this world is miraculous.



And now I'm really going...

5. I have such incredibly generous friends and family. Our support team has successfully readied us with supplies to meet the needs of these little miracles. Okay, so last week we did run out of Preemie size diapers and I had to go to the store and purchase new ones. And when you buy diapers for triplets, you don't buy one or two packages, you buy 5 minimum. So there I was at Wal-Mart loading up the conveyer belt with my Preemie diaper stash (which, by the way, lasted one week), and I was even able to pull out some cash that had been gifted to us to pay for them. When one week of diapers costs about $56.00, cash comes in very handy! Thank you so much! Thankfully, we are into the N for newborn size now, so we are breaking into the diapers that we have stowed away in the closet. (Okay, this was a little bit of a long "thought.")

2 comments:

Lana said...

I bet you'll be happy when they're at least wearing the size diapers that Costco carries in bulk!!! SHEESH! Love the thoughts of the day. Three cheers for your sweet husband and his night shift. :)

Chelle Sorenson said...

I have been following your blog for a couple of months, and wow, your amazing to keep up with 3 little babies. Congrats to you and yours, I hope sleeping at night comes quickly for your little ones.