For those of you who don't know, I have a pretty wonderful husband. He's not perfect, but he's pretty terrific, and I would know, for I've been married to him for over 17 years. We've had our ups and downs, our communication breakdowns, our downward spiral moments into dysfunction, but we are both committed and we always emerge stronger individually and stronger as a couple. We found out shortly after the babies were born that parents of multiples (3 or more, not twins) have an 85% divorce rate. Whoa. We are determined to be in the 15% who stay together. And we're going to do it in a way that will make life not just survival, but enjoyable! The bottome line is that not only do I love this man, but I really like him!
I always say that at the naive age of 21 I made a decision that was wise beyond my years: I married this man. But can't take all the credit--I was definitely guided to him by one who knows us better. In marriage we are meant to complement each other--to fit together not because we are the same but because we are different. Dave and I do that. We balance each other, we challenge each other, and at the end of the day, we love each other. I'm grateful for such a wonderful partner. And I'm so grateful to have married my best friend.





1 comment:
What a sweet post! Loved it. :)
Post a Comment