Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Trenches

We are ALL in the trenches and doing the best we can, aren't we? Sometimes I worry that my stress level is too apparent and comes across as unfriendliness or unkindness and that people think I am not nice when I'm really just cracking under pressure. So I try my best to wear my happy face while not being completely fake and hope that others are not getting offended by me. As for the job of raising this family, I pray every day for guidance and inspiration as I face the issues that arise, and that somehow, some way, at the end of the day everyone will know that they are LOVED and everyone will feel SAFE to be themselves and that whatever influence I have for good in this home will be exercised and felt! (And that also, somehow, by His Grace, perhaps my own needs will be met as well!)

I recently wrote this in a letter to a friend, and thought this thought is something I need to share in a bloggerly fashion!

So I hope your trench treats you well, today. And if there's no one else to tell you...then I will: you are doing a great job and your efforts are appreciated!

1 comment:

rebecca said...

Julie, You are an amazing woman and mother. You can own that fact. We all crack and lose it and fall flat on our faces over and over again, but it's wonderful to be reminded by friends and loved ones what really is important. I'm so glad you shared this. Yes, you were inspired.