Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Blogging decrease

The past week has been pivotal for me. I now measure almost 45 cm. and can barely stand on my feet for about 3 minutes before the weight of the babies takes over and I begin to feel light-headed and even nauseous. I've been on bedrest for about a month, but now I barely leave my bed because it's too uncomfortable or even painful to get up rather than because my doctor said so. I also now find that even just sitting is incredibly uncomfortable and I get light headed, so my blogging will most likely decrease. Even as I sit here writing this my back is beginning to ache and my abdominal muscles (or what's left of them) are straining, I'm having reflux from pressure to my stomach and the blood flow is being cut off to my legs.

The worst part of all this for me, though, is that I am really having a difficult time keeping my spirits up. I'm quite emotional and I think just the stress of my body is overwhelming me so that it is hard to concentrate on the beauty of this process. I feel bad for feeling so grumpy all the time but I don't really know how to kick it. If you talk to me, please don't take me personally! It's all just hard right now, but I will get through it. Hopefully my family will survive my pregnancy without too many emotional scars as well.

Not to worry, the babies are doing terrific. One is still head down and the other two are heads up--their cute little heads are right together. They are jammed between my ribs and my pelvis and jetting out to what feels like the moon, although people tell me I really don't look that big. Yeah, WHATEVER! You try this!

My most favorite comment came from a woman (who of course meant well) who said, "In a few months when you are sleep deprived and struggling to meet their needs you'll wish you could put them all back." I wanted to do something or say something really mean, but I refrained. WHY IS IT THAT PEOPLE INSIST ON SAYING STUPID THINGS TO PREGNANT WOMEN? I will never understand. I guarantee you I will NEVER want to put these babies back in this womb...EVER!

So keep in touch but please understand that this might be the last post for a while. I may have to go into the hospital in a week or two to finish out my bedrest for closer monitoring, depending on what my body decides to do. In the meantime, I'll be here...in my bed...growing and growing.

12 comments:

Lindsey said...

Oh my.... I am sorry. That HAS to be extremely difficult. I guess this rules out a visit from me and my kids when we are in town next week huh? We wouldn't want to cause any undue stress. But, if you are already in the hospital by then, I will put them to bed and come hop in yours with you! Hope you are feeling less blue and lighter soon. :)

Lindsey said...

BTW, I am looking at your widget with your babies floating around and thinking, "I KNOW those babies aren't floating around THAT much!" I am pretty sure they are getting wedged in place. Somebody needs to talk to widget... Babies eventually get stuck in one place.

Melissa said...

Julie,
I looked you up on qwestdex a few weeks ago and I tried to call the number. The lady who answered said you used to have that phone number. I really want to get a hold of you. I think we both live in the same city, very near each other (unless you recently moved,hence the wrong phone #). I was calling to see if there's anything I can do to help you or your family since you're on bed rest. I have been on bed rest a few times and it stinks. I would LOVE to help in any way possible. If you can, email me (melissajeppson@excite.com) your new contact info or look me up, we're listed.
Love,
Melissa J.

LadyCarma said...

Oh, Julie, I feel your pain! A woman in my ward had twins (they just entered Kindergarten this fall) and she was in the hospital for four and a half months. I visited her several times each month, as she was so bored. I watched her get up to use the restroom, and I felt so sad for her discomfort. I apologized to Heavenly Father for the times I complained about my discomfort with one baby! I still remember how big her belly looked with twins, so I can just imagine how much pain and discomfort you must be having.

In thinking of the comment from the person about putting the babies back in the womb: I think people feel a huge need to say something, when told of a situation or circumstance. Sometimes they want to say something funny to cheer you up, but mostly the comments just come out lame, thoughtless, or, in this case, stupid. I read some sage advice once: when in conversation and you feel the need to comment, just say "I feel for you" or "I wish I knew how to help you" or "I understand what you are saying to me." I am trying to get better at saying those things, rather than something stupid! Hang in there, and know that you are loved and being prayed for.

rebecca said...

Our prayers are with you, Julie. So glad to hear that the babies continue to thrive. I agree with Lindsay in that those Widget triplets are floating around way too much:) They should get real and show them wedged between the ribs and pelvic bones. Ugh, I wish I was closer to be of more help. Best wishes for a healthy home stretch!

Lana said...

I love blogging because you can be having a bit of a downer day and people are always there to remind you that they love you or whatever. :) It's really cool that you've blogged through this process so that you'll be able to look back over this and remember what it was like--or to show those baby girls one day when they're older just exactly how Mommy was feeling! You're a superstar. I will definitely remember all this when I'm feeling uncomfortable or grouchy at the end of this pregnancy. I'll chant--Julie had it worse, Julie had it worse!!! :) My prayers are with you every day.

Liz said...

I'm so sorry Julie.....this must be so frustrating and exhausting. One (at this point in pregnancy) is bad enough, three is unreal. Know that our prayers are with you. I'm sure you just want to scream!

lindsay Roscoe said...

You don't know me I am a friend os Sarahs that had twins also. I only had twins nad I guarntee no matter how tired and sleep deprived I was I NEVER EVER Would want to go through a twin pregnancy again. I would always wonder after 2 how a body accomadates 3. So all though I had twins and not triplets I can totally relate to your grumpy onery no body gets it feelings. I remember thinking 2 more weeks that is forever so I would try to take it a week at time. Hang in it really will be done soon and it will be way better when they are out then in. Goodluck and I hope you post as often as you feel up to it I enjoy watching you grow. On my blog I have a link to a family that went to BYU that had quints a year ago, you should check them out. It is entertaining

Anonymous said...

Ok so...I would love to be put on bedrest right now! Not because I am miserable and big and carrying around new new lives but because...well, I am tired...I will trade you?? Oh wait...what am I thinking, I remember wanting babies OUT of me very soon!!! And never wanting them back in!!! *winks* I would love to come and lay next to you and talk for a bit...I am sure I could think of something entertaining to do for you. I miss you...I pray for you, may your spirits lift soon!

Emalia said...

Hi Julie! I'm so sorry you're so uncomfortable and I can only imagine I would be in the same mental state if I were in your position. When I was on bedrest my montra was "I am in incubator, I am an incubator". Hang in there, there will be three sweet spirits here soon! My thoughts and prayers are with you!

The Bach 10 said...

Just wanted to wish you well. I have 7 children all single births and alittle bedrest towards the end of a few. SO BORING!!

Wish I lived close and could help out.

Hopefully you can find something to help the time go by. I usually watched tv which I seldom ever do. Read with my kids. Ate anything I felt like.

Good Luck!
Tami

Jessica said...

Julie! I am so sorry, that has got to be totally miserable! Hang in there. I don't know what else to say, except that you are an inspiration, always have been to me! In spite of feeling how you feel, you do it with such courage and grace! I wish I could help...