Thursday, September 11, 2008

New dimensions

We got new dimensions for the babies at an ultrasound today and they are doing great! In fact, the ultrasound tech said that she hadn't seen a set of triplets thriving this well this far along in a pregnancy!

Baby A: she's precocious. She is center stage, head down and ready to go. She measures one week ahead of schedule at 27 weeks, 5 days and weighs about 2 lbs. 7 oz.

Baby B: She wraps around one side of Baby A (my left) and measures 26 weeks, 3 days (right on schedule), weighing in at 2 lbs. 3 oz.

Baby C: She is kind of transverse across the top of Baby A and down the other side and also measures right on at 26 weeks, 3 days and 2 lbs. 3 oz.

The amniotic fluid in each of their sacs is thriving and I'm not dilating yet or contracting much, except when I do my Tae-Bo video (he he).

Actually, now that I'm on bedrest I have probably become a human substitute for the TV guide and am gravitating toward happy game shows like "Family Feud" and "Cash Cab." I'm determined to go to New York someday and hail cabs until I land the Cash Cab. If you haven't seen this show, it's on the Discovery Channel (I think) and it's great! Dr. Phil is also favorite, and I'm enjoying the new "Bonnie Hunt" show which is on Ch. 14 at 2p.m. I will actually look forward to the day when I don't know what's on TV at any given hour of the day!

5 comments:

rebecca said...

Don't ask me why, but reading about your description of you babies made me teary eyed. What wonderful news to hear they are doing so well. Blessing!

Staci said...

Julie you are truly amazing! I am so glad the babies are doing so well. You keep holdin' down that couch and cooking those buns in the oven to perfection! Please call if you need anything! We are cheering for ya!

Marrdy said...

This is great news. You jsut keep on being a good girl and minding your doctor (and your mom). We'll be seeing three big fat babies in short order!

Anonymous said...

Way to go trooper! I am so excited about this adventure you embarking on! I can't wait to meet all these little gals, we are coming for Christmas this year (don't worry we weren't going to try and stay with you!!! *wink*) I have an odd triplet question...do you have to C-section on triplets??? Just one of the strange these that run through my mind. We pray for you often and are super excited for your family.

haylee ann (: said...

It makes me cry too!!! :] <3<3<3
im so excited!!!