Today my 1st grader and I were having a conversation about his day at school. He mentioned that his friend Taitwon (I know, cool name, huh? His dad is black and his mom is Laotian and I have absolutely no idea where his name came from) is in another class. I asked him is Taitwon's teacher is a good teacher and Ben said that she is the BEST teacher ever! So I asked him what makes her the best teacher ever, and he said, "Well, she has a HUGE white board in her room."
If only I'd known about that when I was teaching! I had a decent one, but not a HUGE one, and the year could have been so much more pleasing to my students had I known that one small detail!
Thanks, Ben!
Tuesday, August 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
Funny! The perspective of a child. Thanks for sharing that story.
Post a Comment