Life has been really challenging lately--as I've mentioned before, I've got some health issues that are making it impossible to ignore them. It's official that I have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, and as my health care provider puts it, my crashes go "way beyond adrenal fatigue." So there you have it.
Some days I feel so overwhelmed and exhausted and it really starts to take a toll on my attitude, so I have decided that I need to take a moment now and then to either list some of my blessings from that day or note ways that I know God is attending to my needs.
So here goes:
Blessing: I can finally fit back into my pre-pregnancy clothes. In fact, some of them are too big! That's okay, though, because I don't like all of them anyway anymore. I haven't seen a size "8" since 2003. Cool, huh?! (This has not been without MUCH time at the gym and much dietary change, lest you think this just happened on its own--it didn't!)
Blessing: It rained today. It was a crazy, torrential rain that did some damage to some people's homes in parts of the valley, but I loved it and it didn't do any damage here, so it's a blessing.
Tender Mercy: I found the time and energy to weed part of the garden in the back yard today while the girls played in the yard.
Tender Mercy: This morning Tanner's built-in retainer popped out on one side of his mouth, and since I didn't have anyone scheduled to help with babies today, we all piled in the car and headed to the dentist's office(that was a royal pain!). The tender mercy that occurred was that when we walked in, one of my dearest friends was there with her 5 children for their checkups and I got to visit and catch up with her during part of my wait. The Lord loves me!
Blessing: Nobody complained about the dinner I served tonight.
I imagine there are more, but my brain is sluggish and it's time for bed. Some days I wonder how I am going to get through this experience and this life, but at least blessings and tender mercies help balance out the sweet with the sour!
Thursday, August 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
Blessing: you are loved by so many. You bless our lives also. Thanks for the reminders of all we need to be thankful and grateful for.
I am so sorry you are struggling with your health! Ack! I hope you get to feeling better soon. Is there a cure??
Post a Comment