
Hannah looked like an angel in this ivory silk gown.

Daisy babies! It was so fun to take this photo! Top to bottom: Eden, Bella, Hannah.

Bella in the flowing organza gown. She was a little princess.

The three little ladies, dressed up and ready to go get blessed!

Eden's cotton gown and bonnet were so perfect for her spunky spirit.
I can't believe I haven't posted in so long. Oh well, I guess I'm a little preoccupied. This week was the first week that we tried "flying solo." What that means is that we released my mother from her duties as our cook/housekeeper/chauffeur. She has been in that role since June and I think she doesn't quite know what to do with herself, but we feel that it's time that she return home to her own life and just help us a few hours a week. We also have had less help for the nighttime feedings this week and we managed to survive. I'm so excited to share that the girls are finally sleeping well enough now that they only awaken during the night for one feeding! HOORAY! This makes such a difference in our lives! They eat at about 11 p.m., 3:30 a.m., and then around 7:30 a.m. It's a beautiful thing.
I am so lucky to be their mom! They are absolutely precious. I'm living a miracle and a dream, and it's so much fun!
We celebrated their blessing day, as you can see from the photos. We blessed them on February 1st. Dave's parents and my parents both showed up at our house around 8 a.m. to help get us out the door, and as Dave and I drove to church, ON TIME, he said, "I think we should bless the babies every week!" (so we can be on time, of course!). Okay, so we probably won't do that, but it was nice to hear the prelude music for once. I even heard ALL the announcements, even though I think there was only one.
Dave gave the girls beautiful blessings (that's what I've been told, anyway; I was distracted by Ben playing peek-a-boo with my nephew Charlie on the row behind us). The girls looked absolutely breath-taking in their gowns. It was so fun to get to pick out three different gowns for this occasion. I felt that each of their gowns matched their personalities, so it was fun to pick them. The babies had their bottles before church, so their tummies were full and they were happy during the blessings. We followed the service with a brunch at my house (between Dave's family and my family and a few friends, I think we had over 60 people here--yikes) and everyone pitched in and brought food, so I didn't have to cook a ton! Thank you to everyone who came!





4 comments:
How awesome Julie! I think that is a great idea to get them their own dresses that match their own special personalities instead of matching them all. And I wondered, how often are you tongue twisted about who you are talking about (like when someone's crying)?
Thanks for posting pictures of the blessing outfits. It was a really cute idea to get them 3 different dresses too. They have to be individuals--even as babies. :)
I bet you got alot of attention on that sunday. How beautiful 3 little girls in their amazing blessing dresses. When Roscoe blessed the boys he also blessedour niece on the smae day is one day older then the boys. HE was a bit overwhelmed with the task.
I love hearing about the days in your life! And you tell it so well Jules! I could read about it all day! I love you so much. The girls look so beautiful.
congrats on a wonderful day!
Post a Comment