
Who remembers what it was like to be 10 years old? I don't remember much. I know I had a major crush on Matt Heninger. My 4th grade teacher was Mrs. Spackman. I remember liking her but I talked to a friend of mine a while back who remembers her as a crabby old hag. Hmmm. That was the summer I set some state records in swimming. I was tan from all the time outdoors. I traveled to Albequerque New Mexico for a track meet. Camille Woolley was my best friend. She's still one of my best friends!
Well, my sweet Tyson turns 10 today. Double digits. He's growing up! Really, really fast. He's awesome, you know?! He loves sports--mainly basketball and soccer. He started piano lessons in December and has taken off learning. He's a wonderful student, capable and applies himself! He is helpful, loves mowing the lawn (well, sometimes loves it), jumps right to it when his baby sisters are in harm's way, and is an incredible swimmer. His challenges??? He has picked up on the anxiety that Tanner has finally got a grip on. I think the past 2 years have taken their toll on him. He sometimes just needs to be home, and sometimes needs to be right by my side in order to feel okay. He's pretty sensitive--if a classmate says "shutup" or something to that effect he automatically thinks that person hates him. These things will someday bring him strength and growth but right now are causing him stress!
However, he's 10 and I'm so amazed that it has been 10 years since I pushed and delivered a cute 9 pound baby boy who was actually a little gray in color and ended up in the NICU for 6 days. Happy birthday, my little sports nut! I love you!





1 comment:
That little 10-yr old is so cute! I was 10 when I started to kind of look at boys as cuties instead of just playmates. I have one leaving 10 and one coming in to 10.. It's been a strong age for him and a year of growing and pushing himself.
A close friend of mine's son went through something similar to that when her son was about 10. He's now 13 and that concern has resolved. I'm glad I know what signs to look for ~ thanks!
Post a Comment