My posts are coming fewer and farther between. I have hardly seen my computer in about a week now. But I have to tell you about what I love.
I love that when I bring Eden upstairs from her bedroom (she has been exiled from the nursery because she is so loud she wakes the other two girls up--in fact she never lets them fall asleep) she squeals with delight upon seeing her sisters and runs and lays her head against their chest--she hasn't yet figured out that giving "loves" also entails the use of arms and hands.
I love that they grin as well and "love" her right back!
I love that when my rough and tough almost 13 year old boy gets home from Jr. High each day the first thing he calls out in his newly deepened voice is "Babies...I'm home!"
I love that my 6 year old is so polite! Today for lunch he came into the kitchen, looked around, and calmly said, "Mommy, will you please make me a peanut butter and jelly sandwich with milk and some banana slices?"
I love that my 9 year old 4th grader said, last night while he and I typed up his written part of his science fair project, "Mom, I really wasn't looking forward to doing my project and I was avoiding it. But now I see that it's fun and I'm enjoying it!"
I love that my husband did the dishes yesterday. And the day before that. And not the day before that one but he did on the day before that.
I love that it was warm and sunny outside today and that I could feel the sunshine in my bones. It reflected to me that I always appreciate the warmth of the sun most after a long, dark, cold winter.
I love that my daughter Haylee went running today. By herself, just because she wanted to. She's a chip off the old block for sure.
I love having three 15 month old baby girls. They are adorable and melt my heart. I envy that they get to go through their life together--they will always have a friend to share everything with. They will never be alone...then again, neither will I!
I love swimming. I'm good at it. I know a lot about it. It feels good and makes me fit in so many ways. But more than that, it makes me feel happy. When I got home from the pool this morning, my entire outlook for the day had changed from one of overwhelm and grumpiness to one of calm determination and confidence.
I love dear friends.
I love sisters. Not just the ones who I'm tied to by blood, but also those who I have bonded with and become "sisters" with either because they married my brothers or brothers-in-law or because we just have shared so much of our lives that our friendship has transcended into sisterhood. There's also cousin-sisters, and aunt-sisters, and niece-sisters, and well, you get the picture.
I love salad. For Dave eating salad is a labor of responsibility--except at Cafe Rio--but for me I actually enjoy every bite. I love it. It is SO YUMMY!
I love having 7 kids. If you are reading this and you are considering having more kids but you're afraid...just do it! The more the merrier! Sure, it's crazy, and sure, it's a lot of work, and no, I guess I don't have much time to myself, and yeah, it's WAY EXPENSIVE, but go for it! You can do it and it will all work out! And once they are here, they are priceless, and what each of my children brings to the family is irreplaceable. It has not been easy, in fact there have been times (many times) when I looked toward the heavens and audibly asked "Really? Me? Are you sure?" And it's LOUD! And so messy. OH SO MESSY! But it's wonderful and I love them and my heart is so much bigger now than it was 15 years ago. Each of my children is unique and wonderful in their own way. And I don't know why I am so blessed but for some reason I get to be their mom. I am honored.
I love Dave. He's the best. He's not perfect. He's wonderfully flawed in all the right ways to help me to become a better version of myself. After almost 17 years of marriage it's just beginning to get good. We have hung on together through so much thick and thin that our "hanging on vine" is wrapped around us tight and it's starting to swing, and hanging on is getting more fun every year.
I love my home. Everyone should have a place where they can go to rest.
Speaking of rest...
Monday, March 01, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





6 comments:
Very well said Julie! I have a lot of those same feelings. I love reading about the cute things your kids do.
I love my sister Julie, too. I just wish I talked to you more!
Beautiful post!
That was your grateful jounaling for the day. What a great way to look at all the things in your life, as loves and hugs. Thanks for sharing. You are awesome!
Thank you for such an uplifting post at such a struggling point in life for me. It's a good reminder that among the chaos there are beautiful blessings.
Great post. It made me happy! I love the part about "just have more kids". :) That is definitely encouraging coming from a woman that survived triplets! Maybe it is possible to handle more than you think you can...
Hey Julie! I found your blog off of Rachel J.'s and I just wanted to say hello again. It was good to see you last week. You have an awesome blog and you are truly and inspirational person. All I have to say is, "You're amazing!"
Post a Comment