
My girls!

Bella having her first outing to the Rec Center. She loved it!
These pictures were taken a while ago but I can't just continue to post without pictures. I'll lose my viewership!
So things are much better now. Of course, sometimes they get worse before they get better, but that's another story for another day. I've been working out at the gym and at home on the treadmill and such for about 2 1/2 weeks now and it is a totally different experience than pre-surgery. I cannot believe what a difference and I'm so psyched!
But back to the title of my post. I think I have brain damage. Permanent. Stop smiling, this is no laughing matter. I want to blog but I feel a thousand thoughts swirling around in my head and I can't sort them out. Has that EVER happened to you?! Sometimes I wonder if my mommy brain is ever going to heal. People say in a couple of years it will go back. A COUPLE OF YEARS??? How am I supposed to run this family until that time? I thank the Lord every day to have a mother who comes and does all my laundry and cleans my house and helps with the babies so that I can drive carpools and cook dinner and all those "extras" that wouldn't get done if she wasn't here. Without her I'd probably be a candidate for that show called "HOARDERS" (if you haven't seen it, you should. It will make you feel like you are so organized, even if you're not, like me) and my kids would be running around in smelly clothes with dirt stains, or the piles of laundry would be protruding from my laundry room.
So back to the mushy brain. What is the deal, anyway? If God could teach our bodies to create life, then why can't my body seem to find its way back to normal? This, I will never understand. Well, okay, maybe after I die and everything is made known to me. But probably not before that. Thankfully I have a wonderful surgeon, Dr. Steven Bennett, who could help put my body back to normal. But I think I'm going to need my brain. In fact, on my oh-so-messy desk there is a post-it note that has a list of things I need to do during business hours--phone calls to offices, appointments that need to be made, etc. I wrote those things down so that I would remember to do them, because during the day I forget everything.
There is a small problem.
I forget to check the list.
So there it sits. I need to call the Jr. High. I need to order a wedding gift for the daughter of a close friend. I need to write a letter to my insurance company appealing their refusal to cover my much needed surgery (another post for another day--why is it that Insurance companies feel the need to dictate what is "medically necessary," anyway. Is my doctor on their panel? I submitted letters from 5 different doctors stating why I needed the surgery, and they still rejected it. I could go on, but I digress...).
Okay, the other thing that is bugging me. My skin. I swear my skin has aged at least 10 years in the past 2 years. This is not fair. I need solutions. Because I have oily skin I still get, okay I'll say it, zits from time to time. I have a great cleansing system but it's not an anti-aging one, so I've been perusing the drugstore trying to figure out which one is the right one. There are about a hundred and each one claims to be the most cutting edge amazing one. Why do they have to make this so hard for me? I already cannot keep two thoughts straight. How am I supposed to select from the one with retinol or the pore-refining mask or the anti-aging day cream, etc.? Anyone have some amazing suggestions? My sister swears by Arbonne but it is pricey and their cleansers don't clear my skin.
The babies are almost 15 months. I don't regret a day of their aging. Maybe it's because I've already been parenting for over 15 years so to see the trio grow is not sad. I did wince when I put their fall clothes away and get out their winter ones, but only for a minute. They are all walking now and emptying all my drawers. I keep telling Dave that someday we will wake up to a quiet house and everything will be right where we left it the night before. Then Haylee will bring over her kids...





5 comments:
First of all, the "brain dead" feeling is normal, especially after undergoing surgery. They put you to sleep with drugs, right? It is a normal healing process for the brain to have to recover from that, just like the body does. So give it time. How much time? It is different for each person. When Staci was born
(1985)I had a procedure done after her birth and they put me to sleep for about 15 minutes. A few weeks later, I am sitting on the couch nursing her at 10:00 p.m., watching the weather so I would know what kind of clothes to put on the four school kids the next morning. I asked Steve what the weather will be and he reminds me that I just watched it, commented on it, and five minutes later I couldn't remember what I saw and heard. It freaked me out, but I found the answers with my questions and my brain did eventurally get back to my normal. Whenever your body is not 100% well, the brain has to heal also. So hang in there, make your lists, and know that it will return.
Thanks for the advice Auntee Carma! I'll do just that.
Uhm...I don't really understand any of this post since my brain hasn't engaged yet *winks* and you are much further in the process than I am. I wonder if my brain can do more than change diapers and drive carpool...could it do more than that before??? Certainly it did, I don't remember that either.
Ah, Jules...I would be your personal phone call person if I could...miss you tons!
I love all your ramblings! Your note sounds like mine... I too forget to check it. And I am sure you are not a hoarder. My mother is.... she needs professional help. BUt I cant diss her because she is my saving grace. Sounds like you have a wonderful mother too. I was going to suggest Arbonne because that is the system I'm going to try this year when I hit 30. (Don't laugh.) I had fun talking to you tonight. You are a hoot as always. Thanks for keeping it real!
I TOTALLY have a "mommy brain" too. it gets so frustrating, and embarrassing....especially when i have the same conversation multiple times and my friends or husband have to remind me, "remember, we already talked about this twice before?"
Post a Comment