Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Spiritual Thought

So my prayers recently have turned toward having help learning the lessons Heavenly Father wants me to learn from this experience. And today I heard the most incredible talk on BYUtv (which I rarely watch, but just happened to flip by today) given at Education week this year by Brad Wilcox. His topic was the atonement and if you are interested in feeling completely moved and understanding the atonement and its vast purpose I highly recommend you look it up. I think you can find in on byub.org. One quote has stayed with me throughout this evening so I'll share:

"Jesus Christ doesn't love us because WE are good, He loves us because HE is good."

It always feels good to be reminded that the Lord is listening to the yearnings of my heart and that He is willing to find ways to inspire me and nourish my soul. This talk for some reason was exactly what I was longing to hear today and Heavenly Father found a way to get it to me. I know that without Jesus I am nothing and that with Him I can accomplish all He wants me to do. I cannot deny Him, nor would I ever try. Jesus loves me, this I know! If I ever were to doubt it, all I'd have to do is look at the light in my babies' eyes. I have enough evidence of His love in my life to convince the harshest skeptic.

1 comment:

LadyCarma said...

Beautiful. You are such a special person. You light up my day!