Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Stuff needed...






Okay, we are bracing for the impact that these babies are going to have on our family FINANCIALLY! I'm calculating in my mind the cost of preschool alone and getting a little light-headed, let alone the cost of dance or soccer or anything else they want to do! And diapers...holy smokes, and formula...okay, you all know I have been a breast-feeding guru, but I'll be the first to say that I recognize my own limitations when it comes to three babies.


So I'm asking all my blogging friends if they know of any websites or companies that have give-aways or discounts for multiple babies or ANYTHING of that nature, because we're going to need all the assistance we can get! Maybe we can get our own show like "jon and kate plus 8," which has become my new favorite pasttime. Whenever I wonder how this is going to work, I watch that show and feel empowered. If Kate can do it...maybe I'll survive. She's my hero and role model!


Okay, back to free stuff. Really, I mean it! There must be someone out there who wants to give me free stuff! Please help me find them!

10 comments:

Liz said...

Hi Julie...so happy to have found your blog. First of all, CONGRATS. Unbelievable! Amazing! So happy for you! I don't know about any free stuff, but we will do WHATEVER you need help with. Good luck and I hope you are feeling better. -Liz S.

http://livingthedream-lb.blogspot.com/

Courtnie said...

Julie, I don't know about multiple discounts, but I like to get good deals on our diapers at 1800diapers.com. They also have ALL OTHER KINDS of baby things and the best part is free shipping (over $29 or something) as well as the fact that it gets here in 2 days! Super fast! I'd email the 2 dads that started it and maybe they'd give you a discount since you could guarantee a lot of business! I'll keep my eyes open. . .good luck!

Marrdy said...

Hey Julie-I taggeed you on my blog (sorry sorry) but maybe someone out there in blogging land will see your tag and know how to help you out with the triplet supply request. I will keep looking for you too.

Ames Family said...

www.projectnursery.com, www.onechicmama.com, www.pinkwithsparkles.com, www.thelittlewindowshoppe.com, www.tutusandturtles.com, www.tangledandtrue.com. All these sites offer weekly giveaways. You really have to check them every other day to every day. I have links to most of these on my blog.

Sarah

Ames Family said...

Oh yeah...another big one is Mommies United (www.themommiesunited.com). It is 4 mom who also have their own sites and do giveaways. Amanda is is one of the mommies sites. Also From Dates to diapers. I have these links on my blog. They are doing a lot of cool giveaways that end soon...click on thursday fav's from Mommies United.

Meghan said...

hi julie - i happened on your blog through ali c. we recently had twins, and i was all about getting deals on stuff. i found quite a few websites that had lists of companies that have multiple birth programs. so while you are on bedrest (sorry!) write letters to the company requesting any freebies/coupons they offer multiples and after they are born you can mail them. You higher order multiples get lots more than twins (we are too common these day), but i was surprised how many companies actually participate.

good luck, and enjoy all those babies... think of all the hugs and snugs you will get! and prepare yourself to be a spectacle everywhere you go. you will learn to ignore all the stares and comments after awhile...

here are a few of the sites with lists of companies you can contact. most of them want you to send copies of the birth certificates.

http://preemietwins.com/free-stuff-for-parents-of-multiples/

http://www.mostonline.org/membersonly/company.htm

http://www.twinsmagazine.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=56653

haylee ann (: said...

i don't know. get diapers.

http://halversenmission.blogspot.com

Brooklyn said...

Hi, you don't know me (I found you through Marrdy's blog) but I have twins and thought you might like this. Tiny Love has a multiples birth program where you can buy one toy and then get 2 more of the exact same toy for free since you'll have triplets. It's awesome! I used with my twins. Here's the link:

http://www.tinylove.com/multiple_births_program.aspx

Best wishes! Having mulitples is hard work but so much fun!!!! I love being a mommy to twin girls!

Brooke
(Mommy to Megan and Ashley who are almost 3 yrs old)

Bee said...

http://www.momsofmultiples.org/

Julie...I have thought of you & your family everyday since I heard your exciting news! My friend here is expecting twins & she told me about this website. She has found it very helpful.
I hope its okay but I shared your news with our RS & asked them to pray for you too! and your baby girls!

germanjules said...

i clicked on your link in heidi's blog and surprise, surprise...from one julie to another, congratuations! also, a great website to help save money... moneysavingmom.com