Wednesday, May 14, 2008

OH MAMA x 3




Have you ever heard the saying that "Good things come in threes?" Well, I spent Mother's Day in the hospital from hyperemesis and dehydration and the next morning my doctor ordered an ultrasound to see if he could get more insight into what's going on with me and make sure everything was okay with the baby, and, well, WE'RE HAVING TRIPLETS! Yes, it's true, somehow I conceived triplets without the help of modern fertility treatments or anything like that. Needless to say, we are a little overwhelmed and reeling from this news. We were a little apprehensive about adding a fifth to our bunch, but now we are throwing caution to the wind and surrendering to what must absolutely be the Lord's will for our family! My due date is Dec. 12, but average gestation for triplets is 33 weeks, so our babies will probably arrive sometime in October.
We are completely overwhelmed that the Lord has this much faith in us, but know we could never do this alone, and our families have pledged their support. My parents have even decided to postpone their mission for a couple of years! Now if I can just get feeling better...

13 comments:

Lindsey said...

Julie, I am ..... Speechless. Truly. Truly. Speechless. If it was April I would say you were pulling one over on us. You are making me scared to get pregnant with our 4th! Congratulations... and like you said, it just must be the will of the lord....7 kids...WOW.

Marrdy said...

I too am speechless...three babies at once. At least the odds of one of them being a girl is much better, that will make Haylee happy!! :) Triplets...it takes my breath away. I will keep all of you in my prayers. Congratulations!

Amber H. said...

Julie, Oh my word! Gayle told me the news yesterday and I had to come and see if you had posted anything about it. First, congratulations! I can't even imagine how three will be, but at least you have older kids to help out and lots of helping hands...you will need it! You will be in our prayers and I hope you can feel better soon!

rebecca said...

If anyone can do this you can (your family included). I can't imagine the shock at your ultrasound. Little did you know you'd fill the sq. footage of your house with 7 beautiful children?! How fun would that be if these were all sisters for Haylee? I'm so glad you're blogging this adventure. We wish you all the best and hope you feel better soon.

PS. I'm coming to UT in June and I'd love to see you.

Emily K. said...

WOW! What do you need, how can we help. I'm sure you're not there yet, but let us know! I am SO happy for you guys. SO, is the Christmas party at your house this year heeheehee!

Courtnie said...

Rachel told me yesterday Julie and man, I called my mom and the family now knows! Holy cow! Please tell me that you are having a c-section WITH an epidural! And it better be October because with the size of baby's you have, three need to come early! Can I watch your kids and have them come play at my house? You can nap or relax or something! Baby shower here we come! :)

Claire Stowell said...

I heard it here in CA! I am amazed and so happy for you and your family. It will be ane xperience like no other! YOu are one of the toughest women I know! Congratulations! Does this mean your CA trip is off for now?

Claire Stowell

Jessica said...

I CANNOT believe this news!!!! Wow... You guys are amazing! I really am totally shocked!!! This is really very exciting, and now it is a really good thing you moved into a new house. Will it be big enough?!?! Congratulations, and what a Mother's Day surprise you got this year!!! :)

Jennifer said...

CONGRATS, Julie! When I heard the news on Monday, I just couldn't even believe it. What a true and honest miracle! I will continue to have you in my prayers and hope you start to feel somewhat "normal" again. Please let me know if I can help out in any way. We'd love to have Ben to play anytime. Good luck! Love ya!

Rachel said...

We are so excited for you guys!!! Know that we are here for you and are just a phone call away! We love you guys so much! We know tha Lord is with you and is going to help you through these few difficult months (as is your family)!

Emalia said...

Oh my Gosh Julie, Holy Cow I'm totally shocked and suprised by your news, not to mention EXCITED for you guys!! I had no idea multiples ran in your family! I think it's so awesome and supportive of your parents to postpone their mission to stay and help you guys. We are thrilled for you guys and Hope that you can get through these next few months. We'll Keep you in our prayers.

Staci said...

OH MY GOODNESS!! WOW!!! What exciting news! Please let me know if I can help in any way! WOW!! TRIPLETS!! Holy cow! You guys are amazing!

bolingbrokes said...

Rachel told me about your amazing situation..wowzer..I have mentioned this to so many people and we all just sit there and ponder..what if...I am so excited for you, you are truly an amazing person to be blessed with three angels...congrats!!