Tuesday, March 11, 2008

RASCAL FLATTS




My secret is out. I am a total RASCAL FLATTS fan! Last year their tickets sold out in one hour and I spent the next two months dialing radio stations to try to win tickets. Once I was caller #2, another time #5, another #9, and once I made it through to guess the song that the radio station had played backwards but guessed the wrong song. (Believe me, being the right caller and guessing wrong is worse than not getting through.) I VOWED I would not miss them when they came to town again.
They came March 8th and I was there! I gathered some chickas (hubby is laid up with the knee surgery--no dancing for him any time soon) and we partied at the show. And I tell you in no uncertain terms that they put on a most awesome show! They played their famous songs, their ballads and love songs, and they rocked the house with their upbeat rockin songs! It was so fun to see the personalities of each band member come out. Gary (the lead singer) is the consummate entertainer, Joe Don is the rocker of the group, and Jay is the party king comedy boy. The two things that amazed me the most were that they are all amazing musicians, playing multiple instruments, and, despite the fact that Gary does all the vocals on their albums, all 3 of them have amazing vocal ability! They shared the responsibility of singing during the concert and now I love all three of them! They played for over 2 incredible hours. My favorite moment was when they sang the song, "He ain't the Leavin' Kind," and the marines came and stood on the stage. The whole audience erupted in applause and I dare say I had a tear or two in my eyes. I would go again in a heartbeat, and probably will next time they come!

2 comments:

Courtnie said...

I wish I hadn't missed that! Tay and I would have loved to be rockin there too! Have to go next time. . .

Ames Family said...

I will go again as well. That was such a great night! Will you email me some pictures?