
Woolstenhulme family in Provo, July 6, 2009 (Me and the kids are on the far right in the picture, the triplets are being blinded by the sun on the front row)
I seized the chance to take the kids down to Provo for a reunion of sorts with many of my family on my mom's side (Woolstenhulme). My uncle Steve (my mom's bro) and his family were here from Texas and Arizona for a baby blessing and summer reunion of their own and invited us all to join them. Strangely enough, my kids accompanied me without struggle and we all went down sans Dave, who was working, to meet at a park in Provo and we had such a great time! Many of my cousins had never seen the triplets and my kids had fun playing with some of their 2nd cousins. They even gathered together willingly for a family photo. WOW! It's amazing how much fun you can have when your kids cooperate. Maybe someday they'll realize how much more fun THEY have when they cooperate! They played catch and badminton, ate yummy food, played on the playground, and enjoyed a summer evening. I cannot begin to express how my heart sang when I looked over and saw my four older children playing badminton TOGETHER and laughing and having fun! For a minute I was wondering if aliens had descended and replaced my children with lookalikes who didn't know that my children like to fight with each other. Not to worry, once we got in the car for the 30 minute ride home, the children I know and love returned so they could enjoy bickering and "one-upping" each other quite loudly while arguing over the radio station and seating arrangements. Nonetheless, for a couple of hours, we were engrossed in family bliss!





2 comments:
Thanks for going to all that work to come to Provo and share with us the fun of getting together. We had a great time too. And, all I can say, kids will be kids. Sweet and wonderful at times, and then those other days! Love you!
How fun reunions are and those memories last forever with the children! It was great to play where are the triplets in the pic???
Post a Comment