Sunday, October 14, 2007

If only we were normal...this is how youmight see us...smiling, arms around each other, happy as can be to get our picture taken. You'd never know that we argue and raise our voices and don't work together. You wouldn't ever know that the other day one son pushed another off a chair, or that one always makes sure to "notify" the parents of all wrong-doing by others in the household, or that one has hormonal moodswings that allow vast variations in behavior from one moment to the next, and perhaps even one who takes a gameboy to bed at night. No, you'd not know those things. We would appear as the American Dream family. Yes, the one who floats happily into church five minutes early, and always knows where every pair of shoes is. We'd appear to be the family that always has every food group represented in our lunch boxes, the family who happily assists in the household tasks, who joyfully sings together as we ride in the car...Primary songs, in fact. Yes, if only...

11 comments:

ashrather said...

I love these new pictures. Everyone looks great! If only...HeHeHe. Thats how I get away with everything, tricking everyone into thinking I am normal. J/k.

Dan and Jen Sampson said...

O.k. Love your house and your beautiful family in front of it. Sure do miss seeing you drive around. How do you like your neighborhood? Keep in touch

haylee ann (: said...

Mom-Do you mean I'M the one taking my gameboy to bed? oh-and its not a gameboy-its a Nintendo DS LITE thank you very much!
haha
haylee

Ames Family said...

Jules such a fancy blog makeover!! Love it! :) Cute new fam pitures, who took them? I am planning on Saturday.

Rachel said...

Love both family pictures, I especially love the silly Tate's. It was good to see you and the kids today & I'm hoping to make it on Saturday - see you then!

Amber H. said...

Hey! I just found your blog through Janeen's. It's so fun to find you and see what you guys have been up to! I love the family pictures and I have to say, I cannot believe how big Haylee is! Did I not just see her when we were all together? It's crazy! Anyway, yes, I love this post and I love the picture at the top! It's hilarious! I also have a blog if you want to stop by sometime and check us out as well! threewishesinc.blogspot.com It was fun to see you when we were up there last! Hopefully it won't be so long until the next get together :o)

Amber (Halversen ;o) in case you didn't know!

Staci said...

I think your family is absolutely ADORABLE! I always have!! I'm glad you found our blog. And it will be fun to keep tabs on your family as well. LOVE your family pictures! Both of them! I still need to come by and see your house. It looks gorgeous from the picture!

Staci said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
the Roberson family said...

Julie--

you seriously had me laughing out loud at your comment on my blogspot about feeling guiltly over thoughts and words!! You are hilarious!

Natallee said...

Hey Julie- Thanks for giving me your blog address. It is darling! I love the family pictures, especially the silly one. I love everything you have said too about being the "American Dream". Isn't that what we all feel? It would be so nice to be "that" family. ;) Well, You are darling!!

rebecca said...

Hey Tates! I LOVE the family pictures. We have yet to snap a good one this year. In fact I'd say that's our annual challenge. The kids had fun checking out your pic as well and remembering their UT buddies. We need to make another excursion. Give our love to your family. It's fun to get the blog update:)